Simulation Nodes #103032
Preparing the branch for iterative updates.
- Check the blog post.
Milestone 1 - Experimental MVP
Preparing the branch for progressive iterative improvements. At the end of this milestone we are ready to move it to master, at least as experimental.
- Remove Elapsed time (for now).
- Previous Frame Cache (remove all the UI options for cache, and have the previous frame cache).
- Always Running (remove the "Run" option from the UI.
- Multiple sockets
- Caching for generic data types
- Adding sockets
- Removing sockets
- Choose which geometry to evaluate fields on
- Connection with node add link operator
- Anonymous Attributes (so users don't need to use named attributes).
- Solve creation of simulation nodes (add two nodes at a time?)
Milestone 2 - Initial release MVP
Simulation Nodes is available to artists.
- Simulation starts on scene start frame
- Store simulation on disk (see #105251)
- Bake simulation using render settings (i.e., "is viewport" is false)
- Design document for when to free dynamic cache #105724
- Dynamic cache
- Simulation (and loop) zone color
Task updated with the second milestone, as discussed in the workshop in March 2023. This milestone makes simulation node ready for public usage.
This was implemented and will be part of the upcoming Blender 3.6.
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?