Regression: Volumes not rendering (EEVEE & Cycles) #107826
Operating system: Windows 10
Graphics card: RTX 3060ti
Broken: version: 3.6.0 Alpha, branch: main, commit date: 2023-05-04 09:04, hash:
Worked: version: 3.6.0 Alpha, branch: main, commit date: 2023-05-01 20:15, hash:
- VDB volumes don't render in EEVEE and Cycles. Workbench works fine.
- Volume modifiers generated and cached in previous versions still work in later versions.
- Volume modifiers generated and cached in later versions don't work in neither.
- VDB volumes created in later versions don't work in neither.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Import a VDB volume (https://artifacts.aswf.io/io/aswf/openvdb/models/bunny_cloud.vdb/1.0.0/bunny_cloud.vdb-1.0.0.zip) and switch to EEVEE or Cycles.
- Add a cube, use the Quick Smoke operator and switch to EEVEE or Cycles.
It turns out the issue is simply that the Principled Volume node no longer sets the Density Attribute default value.
So I guess it makes sense it was caused by the simulation nodes commit.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may exist for a short time before cleaning up, in most cases it CANNOT be undone. Continue?