Regression: Weird details on custom brushes in sculpt mode #115024
Operating system: Windows 10
Graphics card: No GPU, CPU: Intel Core i5 8400
Broken: version: 4.0.0 Alpha, branch: main, commit date: 2023-08-25 09:04, hash:
Worked: version: 4.0.0 Alpha, branch: main, commit date: 2023-08-15 23:14, hash:
Short description of error
When I try to sculpt a custom brush in Blender 4.0, strange details simply appear, whereas in Blender 3.6 these brushes work perfectly (I've already tested other brushes, it's really Blender 4.0).
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Replace the Default Cube with a UV Sphere.
- Add Multires Modifier on UV Sphere.
- Subdivide up to 5 the UV Sphere using Multires Modifier.
- Go to sculpt mode with the UV Sphere selected.
- Create a custom brush (or use the 'Fur_Group_19' Custom Brush on blend file) with a alpha texture (P&B).
- Put the strength in 0.4 (IDK if necessary).
- In stroke menu change the method to anchored.
- Try to sculpt, move the anchored brush around the UV Sphere after hold click, it will deform more and more.
Hi, I'm not able to redo it locally. Also the texture is missing in provided file. Please pack texture in .blend file and reupload it here, thanks.
To pack texture:
File -> External Data -> Pack Resources -> save .blend
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?