Remove Proxies #91671
Current plan and steps to remove proxies in Blender.
- Remove any user-exposed tool allowing to create proxies (
- Auto-convert proxies to library overrides in existing files on load (
NOTE: During Alpha phase of Blender 3.0, it remains possible to keep existing proxies, by disabling an experimental user preference option,
Proxy to Override Auto Conversion. Whether this option will be kept for 3.0 release or not is not decided yet.
- Handle as best as possible linked proxies (
- Remove user preferences option, and the last user-related proxy tools (
- Remove all internal proxy management and evaluation code, deprecate related DNA data (
- Update release notes and manual (rBM8923).
Changed status from 'Needs Triage' to: 'Confirmed'
This issue was referenced by
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may exist for a short time before cleaning up, in most cases it CANNOT be undone. Continue?