fbx export shapekeys #44710
MS Windows 7, Geforce GTX 690
Short description of error
- When exporting (makehuman) models via fbx, some, but not all (relative) shapekeys are exported.
- This did not happen in previous versions.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Import MakeHuman model via mhx2-importer to blender
- Check relative shape keys (especially for lips,mouth) - all are there
- Now export model via blender fbx 7.4 binary exporter
- Import in Maya or Faceshift
- Blendshapes for
lips mouth ``are missing, while blendshapes for eyebrows, tongue, teeth are there
- You can also search for lips in the fbx-binary and will not find them
Based on a (as simple as possible) attached .blend file with minimum amount of steps
Cannot upload file due to size constraints (simplified still 8 MB zipped)
That kind of issue should be easy to reproduce with a much simpler case, I cannot work on FBX with complex files anyways. Please attach here a simple, reproducible case of the issue (and please also first check it’s still valid with a build from our buildbot).
here comes the .blend file......
tried the nighly build,
but still the same result: shapekeys of the "face"-mesh are not exported.
Here all skeys from the face ('body' mesh) are missing after export/reimport in blender… But those look broken to me, just small slider-value other than zero give huge, ugly deformations.
Tong, eyebrow etc. looks OK. Will check further tomorrow on this, too.
OK, so not bug here actually. There are two things to know when intending to export skeys:
- If mesh has some modifiers (others than armature one), enabling "apply modifiers" will prevent exporting shapekeys. This is just not supported.
- empty shapekeys are not exported either, they make Unity crash (empty as in, no vertex modified by the skey).
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?