Dyntopo Refactor #103346
Various planned improvements such as mentioned in this article:
- Interpolate Attributes to preserve them (Face Sets, Color Attributes, UV Maps, etc)
- Preserve Edge Boundaries (Open Boundaries, Face Sets, UV Maps, Seams, Sharps)
- Performance improvements
Other related improvements include:
- No longer tessellate the entire mesh when enabling dyntopo (Only tessellate with brushes)
- Per-brush disabling of dyntopo remeshing (without leaving
- Custom dyntopo spacing and radius in brush settings (Related to performance improvements)
- Toggle to generally preserve edge boundary shape while smoothing
On a technical level, based on the original prototypes in the sculpt-dev branch: #82121
Notes and feedback from active testing is currently collected here:
Changed status from 'Needs Triage' to: 'Confirmed'
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?