Image editor Paint mode brush display bug #90120
Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17763-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 471.41
Broken: version: 3.0.0 Alpha, branch: cycles-x, commit date: 2021-07-21 15:32, hash:
Short description of error
As you can see, when 3D view is in Texture Paint mode the brush circle appears in both places
but when 3D view is in object mode, the brush indicator in Image Editor window (on right) switches to a cross
this random problem prevents user from seeing the size of the brush when 3D view is in any other mode other than Texture Paint mode.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Default file
- Go to texture Paint on the cube
- Add a texture slot with base color
- Split window and set it to Image Editor > Paint
- Now notice that in both windows cursor displays the brush size as intended
- Go to 3D view and change to object mode
- Notice that Image editor now doesn't display cursor brush size
or use file to reproduce
- Open .blend file
- Move cursor over both the windows (cursor is same)
- Switch to object mode in Viewport tab
- Move cursor over the paint tab.
Changed status from 'Needs Triage' to: 'Confirmed'
Will have to concentrate on triaging for a while (and step down).
This issue was referenced by
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may exist for a short time before cleaning up, in most cases it CANNOT be undone. Continue?