EEVEE-Next Volume Rendering #105672
Unified volume rendering will first be ported before adding any other feature. Fixing the flickering and object bounds are still major targets for the 4.0 release but are considered nice to have and could be made during Bcon2
Here is a breakdown of the tasks:
- Needs compute shader based pipeline for world and geometry.
- #107176 Port current unified volume rendering as-is using compute shaders.
Milestone: Volume Rendering minimum-viable-product for 4.0 release.
- #113731 Correct bounds.
- Fix flickering by changing the sampling scheme.
Milestone: Extended feature for 4.0
- Support shadow casting onto opaque surfaces.
- Support directional irradiance with phase function convolution.
- Support in bake.
- Support per pixel volumes.
- Optimize rendering of region completely occluded by volume absorption.
- Optimize homogeneous volume.
- Optimize by skipping unseen tiles.
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?