Baking in multi-Tiles textures (Udim) from MultiRes only use the height of the last tile as reference #109302
Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 536.23
Broken: version: 3.5.1, branch: blender-v3.5-release, commit date: 2023-04-24 18:11, hash:
3.1 was OK on the first tile [but it didnt support baking UDIMs at all -- that came with
6787cc13d4], 3.2 already had this strongish contrast
Short description of error
Baking in multi-Tiles textures (Udim) from MultiRes only use the height of the last tile as reference
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Make an object.
- Unwrap the UV on several Udim Tiles.
- Add a MultiRes modifier.
- Sculpt it, but make sure to not sculpt any faces unwrapped on your last tile: you'll have no value on your texture, only a 50% grey image.
- Now, sculpt the faces unwrapped on the last tile, but VERY slightly: you'll get a displace texture with too much contrast on the previous tiles (see the jpg image on attached files).
- Bake your displace on a new Udim image with all the necessary number of tiles.
- Here, you can see on the previous tiles that the displace has too much contrast and can't be used to get a correct result.
PS: It has been tested on the .blend file in attached files with 2 tiles AND on another file (a dragon with only its wings membrane unwrapped in the last tile) with 4 tiles.
Can confirm, will check.
(3.1 was OK on the first tile [but it didnt support baking UDIMs at all -- that came with
6787cc13d4], 3.2 already had this strongish contrast)
Yeah, min/max are always taken from the last tile, this came with
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?