Multiscatter GGX Refraction Roughness Bug #109907
Operating system:Windows 10
Graphics card: 2080Ti
Broken: (Multiscatter GGX and Refraction Roughness Bug)
Worked: (Version 3.3 works as expected. After that there´s the issue)
**Cycles Objects don´t get blurrier the farther they are away from the glass (bug works only with thickness in Glass) **
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- create a Plane, give it a bit of thickness
- Create Cylinder and place one end close the the glass and the other away from it
- Create Principled Shader, Set Roughness to 0.5, Set Transmission to 1. You should get frosted Glass
- Look through the camera in a way that the cylinder is behind the glass.
- The Cylinder should be sharper with the end touching the glass and blurrier with the other end
- Switch from GGX to Multiscatter GGX inside the principled shader.
- Now the Cylinder doesnt get blurry the farther it is from the glass.
Please improve Transparency and Metal in general in Blender.
Hi, thanks for the report. Looks like light scattering and refraction results are fixed already in 4.0
Can you confirm?: https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may exist for a short time before cleaning up, in most cases it CANNOT be undone. Continue?