The color attribute from Particle Instance Modifier is incorrect #112335
Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 (4.5.0 NVIDIA 535.98)
Broken: 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.6.2 (caused by
Worked: 3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.5.1 (not tested older than 3.4.0)
Short description of error
The color value of the Index layer always 0.
The color value of the Value layer always the same.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Add a Grid mesh, add a Particle System to it.
- Add a Cube mesh, add a Particle Instance Modifer to it, select the Grid in the Object field.
- Add two color attributes, with Face Corner and Byte Color settings, and name "Index" and "Random", to Cube.
- In Particle Instance Modifier, select "Index" layer in the Index field, select "Random" layer in the Value field.
- Open Spreadsheet, and select the Face Corner.
- the color value in the Index column always 0, and the color value in the Random column always the same.
I can confirm the problem.
It is a regression introduced sometime between
175b1b449ec2 (Mar 6) and
3fe7e1f03b1e (Mar 23)
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?