Object collision for particle nodes #77266
Here is the current status of the node particle collisions:
It currently handles:
|Static objects||Moving objects||Objects with mesh deformations|
What is left to do is:
- Add a recovery method for when particles are pushed or somehow gets inside colliders (when particles are less than their radius away from a collider). This will also allow particles to have a dynamic radius. (Haven't tried with dynamic radius yet, but it should work in theory)
- Change how face normals are calculated. Now it simply uses the face normal. But this is an issue when the particles collides on the edges or verts of the triangles. This leads discontinuities in the collison mesh as the transition area between the faces is not smooth.
- Make colliders be able to push particles along even if the dampening or friction is so high that the particle will not have any velocity.
- We will probably have to track acceleration in addition to velocity to get high quality simulation (like in the old particle system). Now I think some weirdness can be attributed to us lacking acceleration tracking.
- Look over and port older properties from the old particle system (friction, stickyness, and so on). Flocking (Boids) and other behaviors will be handled in other nodes (not inside this collision node).
- Hook up variables to the particle nodes themselves. Currently most things are hard coded.
Changed status from 'Needs Triage' to: 'Confirmed'
I noticed that I had some tunneling issues still. Especially with the moving wave mesh.
I'm currently looking into it. But it is one of those problem where you discover even more issues.
For example the particles seems to "pop out" of the plane sometimes even though the max distance it can forcefully be moved is just the particle radius to the plane.
So this is going to take a while too I guess :/
I think I managed to solve the tunneling and popping issues.
The popping was because of an older coding mistake in the
collision_newton_rhapson function that I copied from the old particle system.
I think I managed to get something that handles forced movement of particles nicely.
In this example the dampening is set to 1, so the particles will have zero velocity as soon as they collide with anything:
is there a way to loop the thing to run continuous?
like take the end of the sim and use it as the start frame next cycle?
we would like to use this in upbge but are struggling to understand how we can use it in realtime.
Hello, someone can explain me why the Particle Nodes doesn't appear in my Blender 2.91 for Mac/Apple please ?
Also, in my Experimental bouton preferences, I don't have the option : New particle System #73324.
Should I will use Window version ?
Thank you a lot :-)
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?