Node Assets: show uncategorized node groups #111529
At the moment node-groups that have no category are not shown in the interface:
- Node Editor Add Menu
- Viewport Menus (experimental)
- Modifier Add Menu (future)
This makes it more complicated to get users started at creating assets which are supposed to be integrated in the interface. The idea now is to have them shown in an aggregated menu (e.g., Uncategorized). The menu could even have a label on the beginning explaining what they are.
The (discarded) alternative would be to:
- Add a popup when creating new tools so user gets to pick the catalog of the asset.
- Define a default catalog to start putting new assets on.
- Don't show the assets in those menus (as we do now) and add a warning in the node editor.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may exist for a short time before cleaning up, in most cases it CANNOT be undone. Continue?