WIP: Bone Collections library override support #112271
This PR tracks the work on proper library override support on Bone Collections. Here "original" refers to the linked-in data-block, rather than its override. This is part of the work in design task #108941.
Block functionality on linked (non-overridden) data:
- Reorder bone collections.
- Rename bone collections.
- Add/remove bone collections.
- Assign/unassign bones.
Allow functionality on linked (override or not) data:
- Select/deselect bones in collection.
Add support on overrides:
Active collection (pointer + index)This doesn't work for some reason, and requires more digging into the code. I won't make this a blocking issue for landing this PR.
- Add bone collection.
- Rename added-in-override bone collection.
- Remove added-in-override bone collection.
- Reorder added-in-override bone collection, not touching original bone collections.
- Assign/unassign bones to added-in-override collection.
Editing custom properties of added-in-override bone collection.not supported by Blender at the moment, see
# TODO: Allow/support adding new custom props to overrides.)
Block functionality on overrides:
- Remove original bone collection.
- Reorder original bone collections.
- Assign/unassign bones to original collection.
- Editing custom properties of original bone collections (by default, see above note about editing custom properties on overrides).
This PR is just for tracking purposes. It is intended to land as separate commits.
Pull request closed
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?